Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Master Snack List

What I keep in my snack baskets. I keep a "snack basket" in my cupboard and I use veggie drawers in my fridge for those snacks that need to keep cool!

I plan my snacks for each day that way it is easier to keep track of what is being consumed and I know what types of things I need to replenish on my baking days. When I do up my homemade goodies, I take the time to individually wrap them so they are ready for an easy grab.

  1. Chewy Granola Bars
  2. Pudding
  3. Cake (like Chocolate Chip Cake or Surprise Cupcakes or Jello Cake)
  4. Popcorn
  5. Toast with PB
  6. Cinnamon Toast(toast a slice of bread, butter it, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on it)
  7. Homemade Trail Mix
  8. Mini Sandwiches(PB, tuna, cheese, chicken) sometimes I make dinner rolls or get some brown and serve rolls from the store and then slice them for them to grab to make a quick snack sandwich.
  9. Homemade "Almost Nutri-Grain" Bars(in Miserly Meals)
  10. Bananas
  11. Popsicles
  12. Peanuts
  13. Yogurt
  14. Homemade Soft Pretzels
  15. Cheese and Crackers(use a variety of snack crackers and cheese)
  16. Graham crackers (variety of flavors)
  17. Homemade Donuts
  18. Cheese Crackers(like goldfish or cheez its)
  19. Crackers with PB(either using Ritz or Saltines)
  20. Cookies(PB, Oatmeal, Monster, Snickerdoodles, Sugar, Banana, Chocolate Crinkles, Chocolate chip, Oatmeal Scotchies, M&M,)
  21. Brownie Bites(done in mini muffin pan)
  22. Coffee cakes (Jewish Coffee Cake)
  23. Cinnamon rolls
  24. Pizza Sticks(homemade pizza cut into strips)
  25. Muffins (banana, pumpkin, pumpkin-oat, cinnamon, oatmeal, chocolate, zucchini, apple cider, orange juice, choc. chip, bran, blueberry, strawberry, pumpkin choc. chip) instead of always doing loaves of quick bread I take my quick bread recipe and put it into muffins sometimes regular muffins, or sometimes mini muffins
  26. Cheese sticks(I usually slice a chunk of cheese into approx. 1/2"-3/4" thick slices and then cut into strips)
  27. Carrot sticks with ranch dressing
  28. Nilla Wafers (plain, or with frosting for homemade sandwich cookies)
  29. Fruit snacks
  30. Meat/cheese rolls(deli sliced meat with a cheese stick rolled inside)
  31. "In Season" fruit (like apples, pears, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupes, watermelon, raspberries) sometimes I take a combination of fruit and make a fruit salad
  32. Banana pops
  33. Ice cream
  34. Homemade Icecream Shake
  35. Berry smoothies
  36. Chex Muddy Buddies
  37. Chips and Spicy Cheese Dip

No comments: