Monday, September 24, 2007
8 Things about my Kitchen/cooking:(in no particular order)
1. I love baking rather than cooking.
- because cooking for a house full of picky eaters really takes the joy out of my cooking.
2. I have a "snack basket" in my cupboard and in my fridge!
- It definitely makes the cupboard look neater!
- It helps the kids know what is available to have for a snack.
3. My kitchen/eating area is decorated in a Patriotic theme.
- White on the upper walls, antique blue on the lower walls(shows less dirty fingerprints), and antique red for the window trim and chair rail.
- This is a picture of the 1000 piece puzzle that I have on my wall in my kitchen. It is all the various flags that the USA has had over the years! I put it together and then used puzzle glue and then put in a poster frame to hang on the wall.
4. I only have 3 working burners on my stove.
- One of these days, my dh will get the ignitor part needed to fix my 4th burner. Dum thing is a ceramic and when I was pouring water into a pan while the burner was on the water went over and touched the ceramic and broke it in two! LOL
5. I don't do dishes anymore!
- I have trained my older two boys in this area! One does the dishwasher and the other does the hand washing!
6. I love Pampered Chef products.
- I have the Professional series cookware, many stoneware items, and many knick-knack kitchen utensils as well.
7. I make a "big breakfast" every Sunday morning before church.
- It usually consists of eggs, hashbrowns, breakfast meat(sausage links, bacon, ham, or steak), and some kind of quick bread(cinnamon rolls, fruit muffins, donuts or biscuits)
8. I have a master grocery list and weekly menus posted on my fridge for ALL to see!
- The master grocery list has everything that I buy on it so that once that item is low or gone the person who used it last can circle the item on the list so that it is gotten at the next grocery shopping trip.
- The weekly menus have been a life saver! Having them for all to see has helped my munchkins become a little more independent in the kitchen!
Sooo there you have my 8 things! Being new to the blogger world I am not sure who to tag next! Sooooo I am not tagging anyone! However, if you read this post and are inspired to write about your kitchen. Let me know by leaving a comment!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
The Love of God
The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell
It goes beyond the highest star
And reaches to the lowest hell
The guilty pair, bowed down with care
God gave His Son to win
His erring child He reconciled
And pardoned from his sin
Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky
O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!
It shall forevermore endure
The saints' and angels' song