Thursday, March 27, 2008

Government Unit Study


After my post from the other day, I decided I would take the time to share more of the websites that I have found for my Government Unit Study.

General History:
Digital History

USA History --links to US History from 1800-1990


General Government:
Government Unit Study

Ben's Guide to Government

Government Unit Lesson Plans

Civics and Citizenship

Kid Info on Government

US Government--Social Studies for Kids

Civics and Government at Scholastic

C-Span Classroom

Government Unit Study Ideas--Reading Suggestions

Mr. Donn's Government Pages

Little Book on Government

Government Unit Lesson Plans

Constitutional Rights Foundation Lesson Plans --free online government lessons

Easy Fun School--Citizenship


Historical Documents:
US Constitution Facts

Chronology of US Historical Documents

Teaching the Constitution

Kid Info on Historical Documents

Constitution Lapbook


Executive Branch--Presidents:
Online Reference of Presidents

Presidents at History.com

American Presidents: Life Portraits

Inaugural Addresses of Presidents

List of Presidents

Smithsonian's Look at Presidency

American Presidency

Kid Info on Presidents

14 Presidents at America's Library

Presidential Elections at History.com

Presidents--Social Studies for Kids

Library of Congress Portraits of Presidents

Presidents and Elections

Presidents Unit Study

American Presidents---PBS

Virtual Tour-White House

White House for Kids

Lincoln Unit Study

Presidents' Day Lapbook

Presidents' Day Activities

Early America--People & Events --learn about the first few Presidents along with other famous Americans.


Legislative and Judicial Branch--Congress & Courts:
Congress for Kids

American Justice System

Kids in the House--Laws are Made


American Symbols:
Liberty Bell Facts

Mount Rushmore--PBS

World Almanac--National Anthem and other Govt. facts

Flag History

American Flag Mini Unit Study

Stars and Stripes

***Looking for additional websites or curriculum geared towards high school....check here!***

3 comments:

Nancy M. said...

Great links! Thanks for taking the time.
Nancy in AL

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Found your link on Tammy's. Great muffin tips BTW!

You've done a wonderful job with these links...I can't imagine where to start---so I thought I would ask:-)

I have 5 boys and 1 girl BTW!

My oldest is 9th grade and I would like to get in a good American History/Government/Founding Fathers study in, but I don't have a gazillion dollars to buy a billion books nor do I have time to research a billion places and hope I find one that's not liberal bent.
Do U know of one something? One book or one site? (a free site would be great and I've already marked one or two on other topics from your blog).
Thanks!
-Donna-
momsfrugal.blogpsot.com

Anonymous said...

Forgive me, I have one more question.

Free math sites for younger children like K-1-2-3?

I used one years ago that made free worksheets and now they print with their name right through the middle of them so the kids can't use a big portion of the sheets.
Thanks again,
This site is a banquet!
-Donna-