Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Early Childhood Learning Resources

Since I have a Pre-K/Kindergarten dd this year I thought I would share all of my favorite links for Early Childhood Resources. I don't do a "pre-packaged" curriculum at this age, but I use my public library for books and then the following websites for ideas, activities, and worksheets for a VERY laid back(do school when she asks) type schooling with her. Most of these sites, I will tap for ideas over the next two years before I really get into teaching her to read and doing more first grade type material.


Pre-K Smarties -- a preschool education resource for parents teaching preschoolers with tips for early reading using phonics, parenting articles, family freebies, and deals on the best educational toys.

Preschool Printables

Preschool Education

Building Blocks to Reading: Activities by Letter

Kiddy House Worksheets

First School Preschool Activities and Crafts

TLS Books Preschool Worksheets --lots of worksheets at this site. Look over in the left hand column and you will see other grade levels...click on those links for worksheets in those grade levels.

Literacy Center's Color wheel Activities --online activities to recognize colors, choose the language you want to learn the activities with.

Child Fun

Preschool Lesson Plans

Kidz Club

Mom's Minivan --travel game ideas

ABC Teach --over 5000 free pages and worksheets....shape books to themed based material to flashcards

Alphabet Soup Coloring Book

Letter of the Week

Bible ABCs

Preschool Express--tons of themed activities and ideas

DLTK-kids tons of crafts and activities

**My Pre-K/Kindergarten Curriculum--a look into what I did with daughter.

No comments: