Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Creamy Center Cupcakes

1 pkg. devil’s food (or your choice flavor) cake mix
¾ cup shortening
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 cup marshmallow crème
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cans chocolate frosting

Prepare and bake cake according to pkg. directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined cups. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add marshmallow crème and vanilla; mix well. Insert a very small pastry tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with cream filling. Insert tip halfway into the center of each cupcake and fill with a small amount. Frost with chocolate (or choice) frosting. Yield 2 dozen


NOTES:
***Use chocolate cake mix to get homemade HoHo’s
***Use yellow cake mix to get homemade Twinkies.
***I use my Pampered Chef Easy Decorator, using the slanted pointed tip. Also it will not take a full squeeze of the trigger to fill the cupcakes with filling.
***You want to hold each cupcake as you fill them with filling to “feel” the amount of filling in each one.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sonshine,
My youngest daughter and I will have our project for Monday now. These sound so good, we just love marshmallow..
Blessings

Anonymous said...

Sonshine,
I forgot to post my name in my comment. Sorry.
Toni