Sunday, April 20, 2008

Budget Buster Tag

I was tagged by Jennifer-Keeper of the home to list my top five budget busters. This actually made me really think exactly what are my "top busters". Hubby and I have written down a very vague budget, one that just has the monthly bills, groceries, and gas for the vehicles, so there could be LOTS of budget busters if we were going based on our written budget. However, being the one that keeps track of my hubby's hardworking earnings, I have found these things as our top budget busters(items that make us have to pull from savings to make it to the next payday.)


Budget Busters

1. Home improvement projects---It seems that when hubby and I start a project there ends up being more to the project than anticipated or hubby will decide that since we are doing that project we might as well tackle 3 other projects to make the initial project be done “right”.

2. Late Night Drive-Thru Runs---Either hubby or I will do the drive thru of Wendy’s or McDonalds and bring it back home for our “bedtime snack”. I know it isn’t good for you to eat late like that but it is fun to do every once in a while. Basically a “mini date” without the kids.

3. Computer parts—hubby likes to buy used computer parts to “upgrade”(not because it is broke) the seven computers that we have in our house. I usually tell him if it ain’t broke don’t fix/upgrade it! Just a side note on this...you might be thinking "seven computers"...each of my 4 older kids have a computer, hubby has a computer and a server that he has built to keep all our Mp3s, digital pictures, and family documents; and I have my own computer to do the research needed to homeschool the kids.

4. CDs/DVDs---music or movie it doesn’t matter! We have LOTS! Granted we get them when they are discounted but it still racks up the dollars.

5. Home decorations and artwork—I like having artwork in the house that has Bible verses or sayings. I have gotten into seasonal decorations. Like right now I have artificial spring flowers around my house. It makes the house look so cheery!

So there are my top budget busters! What are your budget busters? I am tagging 3 more people, so go check out their list....

Niki---Minimalist Mommy

Laura---Heavenly Homemakers

Kim---Homemaking-4-Jesus


Oh and just because I didn't tag you doesn't mean you can't join in the fun! Go do a budget buster post on your blog and leave me a comment with the link or just leave me a comment with your budget busters! :) I would love to read about your budget busters. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Thanks for the tag. I am going to post this on Friday. I am going to be writing for this blog only from now on. The title is the same but the address is different. Thanks for the tag.

My name is Michelle. said...

Thanks for pointing me in this direction! I'm gonna have to be careful here or I'll start wanting to do some of the things people mention as budget busters. Like seasonal decorating! LOL