Sunday, July 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 7/12-7/18


Last week's menu plan only had one change to it! I didn’t serve sloppy joes as planned on Thursday instead we had another one of my quick & easy meals of skillet pork chops, Kraft Mac & cheese, and green beans. This meal can be fixed in a ½ hour!

My intentions were good last week in thinking that I could stay away from the store and any shopping. However, I found myself in the stores this week grabbing up the deals on the in season fruits and a few of the good deals that stores use to lure a person in to shop! You can read about the details of this week’s shopping trip here!

This week’s menus are definitely not set in stone! This week is going to be a crazy week! We are still trying to finish the landscaping around my parents’ house so hubby has this plan of the kids and me meeting him there to eat dinner and to work on the landscaping each night! Two of the afternoons I have another commitment on the opposite side of town from my parents with my oldest son so those days will be the most hectic. The other days will be better and a bit easier, however I am not looking forward to transferring my dinner prep into a kitchen that I have not regularly been in for the last 14 years!! So my plans are sketchy and I am going for meals that do not take a lot of prep work or the prep work can be done in the morning before I leave my kitchen! If you have any good ideas for meals that would feed 11 people (2 that are diabetic) and do not take much in the way of prep or cooking, I would love the suggestions!!

For this week’s lunches, that are listed below, are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water. Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to plan his lunches. He just takes the next oldest leftover on the stack in the fridge.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie’s site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!


Sunday (7-12)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage(kids) or steak(hubby), hash browns, and donuts(freezer)

Lunch: leftovers-spaghetti

Dinner: chicken nuggets served with fries and fresh veggie tray

Snack: snack basket

Monday (7-13)

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: pizza treats

Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (7-14)

Breakfast: eggs, muffins (freezer), and sausage

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: burgers served with ???

Snack: snack basket


Wednesday (7-15)

Breakfast: bagels, cereal, eggs

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: saucy chicken served with rice, green beans, mixed squash, and homemade rolls

Snack: snack basket


Thursday (7-16)

Breakfast: pancakes(freezer), and sausage

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: Salisbury steak served with mashed taters and corn

Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-17)

Breakfast: cereal and toast

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: roasted pork loin, mashed taters, and corn

Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (7-18)

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”

Lunch: ???

Dinner: ??? My 20th HS Reunion!!

Snack: snack basket or popcorn

No comments: