Sunday, July 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 7/5-7/11



Last week's menu plan went pretty smoothly! I was able to get some baking done last week and now I have several items (mainly breakfast items, like a new recipe of cherry apple bran muffins) that I can pull from the freezer. I also spent Thursday afternoon at my parents’ house working at clearing out a lot of the over grown brush and trees on their 1.6 acres along with spreading topsoil along their relatively new concrete driveway and hubby came and joined us after work, then my parents’ took us out for dinner to Wendy’s! They actually took us out twice because we spent Friday at their house too so we went to dinner at Bob Evans! Just in case you are wondering we even spent Saturday at their house too but then we came back to our house for dinner as I had spaghetti sauce simmering all day so I just had to boil some noodles and bake the bread. With spending so much time at my parents’ house and hubby having a four day weekend (Fri-Mon), it was a busy holiday weekend!

For this week’s shopping trip I worked at getting enough to last us for a couple of weeks. Payday is the 15th so I am hoping that with what I purchased and what I still have in my pantry and freezer we will have enough to make it! I should only need to get milk and eggs in the house, and thankfully both are on sale this week!!

This week’s menus are kid friendly meals! My oldest son turns 13 this week so I asked each of my five kids what they would like for dinner this week.

For this week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water. Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to plan his lunches. He just takes the next oldest leftover on the stack in the fridge.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 400 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie’s site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!


Sunday (7-5)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and mini cinnamon rolls(from Pillsbury)

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: chicken rice soup (from leftovers), breaded chicken tenders, and mini grilled cheese sandwiches

Snack: snack basket or cookie

Monday (7-6) Happy 13th Birthday, J!!!

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel, (J & Hubby going out for breakfast)

Lunch: mini pizzas and pizza rolls

Dinner: bacon cheeseburgers served with fries and corn on the cob

Snack: cake and icecream

Tuesday (7-7)

Breakfast: waffles and sausage

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: grilled lemon pepper chicken & fish served with egg noodles and green beans

Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (7-8)

Breakfast: bagels, and cereal,

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: Bakin’ Miracle chicken served with mashed taters and corn

Snack: snack basket


Thursday (7-9)

Breakfast: eggs and muffins (from freezer)

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: sloppy joe sandwiches served with fries and fresh veggie tray

Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-10)

Breakfast: cereal and toast

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: creamy chicken served with egg noodles and green peas

Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (7-11)

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”

Lunch: ???

Dinner: ???—probably will be at my parents’ house again

Snack: snack basket or popcorn

2 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to your son!!!
13, what a great age. I have a son who will be 16h next month and we are enjoying...yes enjoying, the teenage years.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Happy birthday to your son! :D Teenagers are fun! :D We will be stretching all ours until the 15th, too. :D