Sunday, November 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 11/23-11/29


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week's menu plan went off without a hitch! I had a couple of days that I switched around but all in all it was a better week following the plan than the week before.

This week's shopping trip was one of my big shopping trips of the month. I was able to get everything I need except milk and fresh fruits and veggies for $170 for two weeks!

This week’s menus are going to be tentative as my hubby is home on holiday for the whole week!! There are even a couple of days I don’t even know what to fix so I will try to update when I know what I am doing those days. We are doing some projects around the house and also hubby will be spending many hours at our church. Our church is the in process of adding on and we are in the finish stages of the project. We also will be taking the time for family on Wednesday and going on a field trip to the Air Zoo.

Any Thanksgiving leftovers will be left with my parents or put in the freezer for consumption at a later date. We are ones that don’t like to have turkey and the fixings for several days after Thanksgiving.

If you are looking for some inspiration on meals you can find links to my menu suggestion lists over in my right side bar down by Organizing Junkie's button.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (11-23)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage or steak, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: spaghetti and meatballs, garlic toast
Snack: snack basket

Monday (11-24)
Breakfast: waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches and chips or leftovers
Dinner: oven fried chicken, boiled potatoes, corn
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (11-25)
Breakfast: cereal and muffins
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: ???
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (11-26)
Breakfast: muffins, cereal and eggs
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner: ???
Snack: cookies & milk

Thursday (11-27) Happy Thanksgiving!!
Breakfast: Pancakes
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: Thanksgiving Dinner @ my parents’…roasted turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, yams, green beans, corn, cole slaw, biscuits and rolls. For dessert, pumpkin cake squares, pumpkin pie, and cookies!
Snack: snack basket

Friday (11-28)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel or toast
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: Taco Bar
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (11-29)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ??? probably leftovers!
Dinner: Burgers, fries and corn
Snack: snack basket or popcorn

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! Have a great week and happy Thanksgiving! :D

Sherry
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8

Anonymous said...

Those look great, and I'm very impressed that you listed all your meals and not just dinner. Wow! Will you be my mom? ;) Also, I love your snack basket idea. Happy Thanksgiving!

Robin said...

I just read about your snack basket. Great idea! I think that I'm going to give that a try. Thanks for sharing :)