Friday, November 28, 2008

Another "Leftover Makeover"--Potato Cakes

One of the leftovers that we had from our big Thanksgiving dinner was mashed potatoes. I am not too sure how it happened but there was over 6 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.

Anyway, today I decided to make some mashed potato cakes!




Potato Cakes

4 cups leftover mashed potatoes

2 eggs

1 cup flour

Mix together and season to taste! I used...

3 tbsp. onion powder

2 tsp. garlic powder

4 tsp. pepper

3 tsp. seasoned salt

bacon bits

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded


Mix the seasonings into the potato mixture. Make into patties. Place in a skillet with 2 TBSP olive oil and 3 TBSP butter. Fry til golden brown(5-7 minutes) Turn over. Fry til golden brown. When done cooking, drain on paper towels. Serve.




IF you don't feel like doing up the potato cakes you can just melt about 3 TBSP. butter in a frying pan and slap some of the mashed potatoes in the pan and fry them up like hash browns. Sometimes I fix them plain and other times I spice them up with pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! That makes me wish I would have taken all the leftover mashed potatoes that my mom was trying to give us Thursday night. Next time I'll know better!