Monday, November 24, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday




I love using "Texas Toast" for garlic toast and french toast. It makes things quick and easy to do. On Sunday I took half the loaf and made it into garlic toast to go with our spaghetti and meatball dinner.

Then on Monday morning I took the time to make french toast with the rest of the loaf plus another whole loaf. We ate some for breakfast and the rest went into the freezer for a breakfast next week.


I especially like using the thicker slices for french toast. I even use the end pieces, however, I take my bread knife and carefully cut off the very end of the piece. This way the egg mixture soaks in on both sides of the bread. Yes it makes the pieces not as thick as the rest of the pieces but those thinner pieces work well for my little ones.

Also using the thicker slices it is easier to make homemade french toast sticks. I cut the slices of bread into thirds before dipping into the egg mixture.

To answer a question in the comments...I cook the french toast, let it cool and then freeze. To use the french toast out of the freezer...stick in the toaster for a couple of minutes(my toaster is set on 3) then heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Doing the toaster then the microwave makes it where the toast isn't so tough to eat.

For other kitchen tips, recipes and more; head over to Tammy's Recipes!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

Do you cook then freeze the French toast or you do freeze it and cook it when you want to eat it?