Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays

I have found a fast and easy way to make meatballs all the same size without alot of mess and clean-up!!! No more rolling out the meat and trying to cut into same size pieces to roll the meat into balls. I just mix up the meat and then use my Pampered Chef small scoop! This scoop can be used for so many different things other than meatballs. In the summer time, I make a fruit salad with watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe! The scoop also is great for making mini cookies for the kids!
See how the meatballs all look the same before they are cooked!!??
Here is the meatballs just out of the oven!
And just in case you would like the recipe, here it is!! Wellllll at least a guessimate recipe as I put some ground beef in a bowl crack an egg in it and then add the seasonings, mix those into the meat if it seems to need more seasonings I will add more then I add bread crumbs til meat doesn't look too wet and then scoop onto a jelly roll pan.

1lb. ground beef
1 egg
1/4- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
1-2 TBSP. italian seasoning
2 TBSP. minced onion
3-4 TBSP. ketchup

Mix altogether well. Scoop into meatballs.

If you don't want to use my recipe, use your meatloaf recipe and just add italian seasoning to it for making meatballs. :)


For more tips to help you in the kitchen, head over to Tammy's Recipes!!!

9 comments:

Laura said...

Nice! I just tried this the other day when my boys were helping me make meatballs...it worked great!

Kirstin said...

That is an awesome idea. I think I have one of those scoops....packed away somewhere. I also cook my meatballs in the oven. THis saves them from sticking to the frying pan and getting all out of shape.

Lynn said...

I do this too. I love the Pampered Chef scoops. I have all three and use them all the time. They work great for cookies. It makes them more uniform in size.

Tania said...

Great idea!! Now I just need to get the smaller scoop...mine would make monster meat balls. (-:

Anonymous said...

I love using my scoopers too! They also work great for muffin batter.

Miranda said...

I love those scoops! I use them for anything I can! Great tip.

Anonymous said...

I loooove Pampered Chef products. This is a very neat idea! Thanks for sharing!

Martha said...

I love my pampered chef scooper! It works good for muffins too! Thanks for the tips. Your meatballs look wonderful.

Blessings,
~Martie

Teresa said...

Thanks for the tip! We have meatballs on the menu for tomorrow so i'm sure my son will have a blast making them now. Yay!