Saturday, November 1, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 11/2-11/8



**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week's menu plan went off without too much trouble. I made all my “favorite” dishes and made sure to alternate the type of meat each night so things went smoothly! I got some baking done this past week too! For my birthday, hubby arranged for the kids to spend the night at Grandma’s so we were able to go out on date to Red Robin and have some time to ourselves (something that is a rarity with 5 kids).

The roses are my birthday gift from my hubby! Aren’t they beautiful!?!?

This week's shopping trip was a major shopping trip! I should not need to get anything the next two weeks other than milk, fruit, and WIC!

I am throwing in a new recipe into the mix along with other family favorites. Also this week, we have another birthday in the family! My youngest son, P, turns 2!!

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Usually with our lunches I serve carrot sticks, and some kind of in-season fruit along with juice or water to drink. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day along with several items for snacks.

If you are looking for some inspiration you can find links to my menu suggestion lists over in my right side bar down by Organizing Junkie's button.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (11-2)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: chicken nuggets, mac & cheese and peas
Snack: snack basket

Monday (11-3)
Breakfast: cereal and toast or muffins
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: roast, carrots, & potatoes served with homemade rolls
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (11-4) Remember to vote!!
Breakfast: waffles & sausage
Lunch: pizza treats
Dinner: king ranch chicken(new recipe), rice & corn
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (11-5)
Breakfast: bagels, cereal, & yogurt
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner: roasted pork loin, cheesy potatoes, and green beans
Snack: cookies & milk

Thursday (11-6) Happy 2nd Birthday to P!
Breakfast: french toast and sausage
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Burgers/hotdogs, fries, and corn
Snack: snack basket

Friday (11-7)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: roasted chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and peas
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (11-8)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ??? probably leftovers!
Dinner: chili, rice, and cornbread muffins
Snack: snack basket or popcorn

7 comments:

Monica said...

Love the snack basket idea. I usually make all of the kids eat the same thing. I'm sure some of them would appreciate a choice or variety:) I have a blog which I've been compiling recipes for large families. http://thefulltableshineagain.blogspot.com/ I'll have to try some of yours.

Anonymous said...

You are quite amazing. I really should plan breakfast and lunch.
My snack basket is the fruit bowl, and I am likely to toss granola bars in there.

Looks like a good week. Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Donna said...

Looks like a great week of eats! The King Ranch sounds super good!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Your menu looks great, I also wish that I could plan the rest of the meal out better. Have a nice week!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

YUM! What a great looking menu! The king ranch chicken sounds scrumptious!!

The Mom said...

looks like a great menu

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the King Ranch too! Have you ever tried Angel Food? There are some distribution places around town. We tried it last week and dug it. Just wondered.