Thursday, October 30, 2008

In Honor of My Birthday!

Earlier this week, Jaime-Thrifty in Cincy tagged me to do a 7 things about me blog post. So since today is my birthday, I thought I would celebrate things here by telling 7 things about me.

Here's the official rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven people, listing the links to their blogs.
4. Let the seven people know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So without further ado, my 7 things...

1. I love the mountains! For our honeymoon, hubby and I spent a week in the Gatlinburg, TN area! What beautiful country it is down there!

2. I love Mexican type foods. In my second year of high school Spanish class, we took a "field trip" to an authentic Mexican restaurant for lunch. What a treat!

3. I love working with disabled people. In high school, I took two week long mission trips to the Shepherd's Home in Wisconsin. Also, growing up my family was a foster family to over 40 disabled children. I also went on two missions trips in college to Jamaica to work on building a deaf village for the deaf.

4. I love Fall. If I had to choose for one season all year around I would choose Fall because of the colors and cooler temperatures.

5. I love to relax and work on puzzles rather than read a book.

6. I was able to do my student teaching with my 6th grade teacher, who was my favorite teacher going through school!

7. Other than leaving the state to go to college, I have lived in the same state and in the same city all my life! Through all those years, I have lived in each quadrant of the city!

There are my 7 things! Now to tag others...well I have decided that since it is my birthday, I am going to celebrate and break rule #3 by tagging NO ONE!! Everyone is off the hook this time!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a fun list! I would choose fall as my permanent season too. There is nothing better than sweater weather!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day.