Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 5/4 - 5/10


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

I made it thru my difficult week, this week is not as difficult or busy so menus should be a breeze! Last week, I finally made my Chicken Veggie Stew (#8), and homemade honey oatmeal rolls dinner that I had been putting off for several weeks! It was delicious! I remember to get pictures of the meal to put on my blog! I am challenging myself with pantry shopping for the next several weeks. This is the first of at least THREE menus that will be coming directly out of my stockpile!! I will be doing limited to no shopping for the next three weeks.

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus, go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at her site! **

Sunday (5-4)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage links, hash browns, and chocolate donuts
Lunch: leftover spaghetti
Dinner: Kentucky Fried Chicken (after church)
Snack: sandwiches (before church)

Monday (5-5)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Taco bar (celebrating Cinco de Mayo)
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (5-6)
Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: sandwich, chips, apple slices and carrot sticks
Dinner: roasted pork loin, mashed taters, carrots, and rolls
Snack: cookies & milk

Wednesday (5-7)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice” (18mo to healthy check-up)
Lunch: out with grandma
Dinner: cordon bleu/chicken nuggets, fries, and corn
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (5-8)
Breakfast: waffles
Lunch: sandwich, chips, apple slices and carrot sticks
Dinner: saucy chicken, rice, green beans and biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Friday (5-9)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: homemade grilled burgers and fries
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes

Saturday (5-10)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ?????(it’s the weekend anything goes!)
Dinner: grilled chicken/catfish/shrimp, potato pockets, and corn
Snack: popcorn or bbq lil’ wieners (church small group here)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, your menu looks yummy. Congratulations on your not shopping for 3 weeks!

Rainbow Rivers

Laura said...

You're doing a great job sticking with your challenge...and I bet you're having fun making your meal plans based on all the great stuff you have in your pantry!! Yum!