Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 1/2-1/8

I really have been doing menus over the last several months, but I haven’t taken the time to post them due to life getting busy on me and reducing my time spent on the computer.  Now that a new year has started, I am working very diligently to getting some resemblance of order and schedule in place so that a routine can be in place for the whole family.

Last week I did a big grocery shopping trip! I have been working at a new system of shopping over the last few months and the new system is working for our family!  My grocery shopping system is I shop the stores within the 5 mile radius of my house and make a trip to Sam's around the 15th and the last day of each month, which coincide with hubby’s paychecks.  The system allows me to cash in on the good deals and then have some time away from the stores so I am not burning myself out chasing deals every week.  I am finding this plan to be working very well!  I can get the good deals on the weeks I shop and get creative in the kitchen on the weeks where I just swing into Aldi for our weekly supply of 3 gallons of milk and 2 dozen eggs.

This week’s meals are simple and using what meat I had in the freezer and pantry items leftover from before my big grocery shopping trip.   We have had sickness in the house, so the menu might change to accommodate those who are on the mend.

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.   Hubby and oldest son usually take a dinner leftover along with various snacks for their lunches so I don’t take the time to really plan their lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (1-2)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: mini pizzas and pizza rolls
Dinner:  creamy chicken over noodles, peas and crescent rolls

Monday (1-3)
Breakfast: cereal and leftover cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner:  oven fried chicken, fries and corn

Tuesday (1-4)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner:  spaghetti(from freezer), and garlic toast

Wednesday (1-5)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner: roasted chicken, mashed taters& gravy, corn and biscuits

Thursday (1-6)
Breakfast: Pancakes and sausage
Lunch: leftovers
Snack: snack basket                                                       

Friday (1-7)
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner:  saucy pork chops, rice and green beans

Saturday (1-8)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: ????? not sure yet.
Snack: popcorn or snack basket



No comments: