Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 4/18-4/24


Last week’s menus were delicious! I stuck with simple meals.  I made chicken pot pie probably for the last time until fall weather sets in again.  We also enjoyed a taste of summer with grilled burgers one night.  Last Thursday, we had my parents over for dinner to celebrate my mother’s 70th birthday and to give them a home cooked meal rather than eating out like they do almost every day these days.  This past Saturday, my brothers were in town from Illinois to spend time with mom with it being her 70th birthday week.  I have one brother who lives in Chicago while another lives in Bloomington.  The one from Bloomington brought his family with him so I got to see my 2yo niece and 1 yo nephew along with my sister-in-law. With basically everyone in town, my sister-in-law set up an appointment at a local portrait studio for all of us to go and have a family portrait done. I now have pictures of all the cousins/grandkids together along with an extended family portrait (minus a few members that couldn’t make it to the appt). After the portrait appointment all of us (19 total) went to Cracker Barrel for lunch!  What an experience watching everyone watch us as we sat basically in the middle of the restaurant!

Last week’s grocery shopping was suppose to be a big shopping trip, however, there has been several debts (like getting replacement windows for our broken windows) that we have needed to pay off so I just kept things simple and purchased what I needed in order to make it through the next couple of weeks without too many issues.  

My challenge from my hubby to empty the freezer went well!  I am still working at decreasing the baking supply items (butter, zucchini, blueberries & mashed bananas) that I have in the freezer.  This week’s weather should be cool enough that baking should not heat the house up too much.

This week’s meals are simple, family favorites that will use what I have on hand in the freezer and pantry.   

This week’s lunches that are listed below are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to really plan his lunches. I just take the next container of leftovers in the stack in the fridge that I have prepared ahead of time.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!

Sunday (4-17)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage and chocolate donuts
Lunch: pizza rolls & chips
Dinner:  McDonald’s (after church)

Monday (4-18)
Breakfast: cereal and mini cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner:  smothered chicken, steak fries and corn

Tuesday (4-19)
Breakfast:  waffles and sausage
Lunch: lunchables
Dinner:  grilled burgers, fries, and fresh veggie tray

Wednesday (4-20)
Breakfast:  bagels and cereal
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: spaghetti and garlic toast

Thursday (4-21)
Breakfast: Pancakes and sausage
Lunch: leftovers
Snack: snack basket                                                       

Friday (4-22)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: leftovers
Snack: ice cream

Saturday (4-23)
Breakfast:  Your Choice
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: ????
Snack: popcorn or snack basket



No comments: