Sunday, December 28, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 12/28-1/3



**It is hard to believe that this is the last week of 2008!! This year has seemingly gone by so fast!



I got all my Christmas baking done! I was able to make up FIVE goodie trays as gifts for the neighbors and still have plenty of sweets (and calories) around for my family, even after serving some for Christmas dinner dessert! I am going to be putting some of the sweets into the freezer to pull out over the next few weeks! I would hate to have my hard work go stale!

Last week's menu plan had some switching around of some meals so there is a couple of meals that will seem like repeats from last week but are carryovers! We decided to take S out to eat for her birthday so the homemade burgers & fries dinner will be this week!

I will be able to make it this week on the shopping I did two weeks ago!!! I have only stepped in the store to get WIC items!! It is payday towards the end of the week so I will be going to the store for a few deals on Friday and then doing more shopping next week.

This week’s menus still include hubby being home from work! So far we have done quite well in using up leftovers despite him being home so that is good! I will be working at making bigger meals towards the end of the week so that I have leftovers to send with him when he goes back to work next Monday.

We do not have any plans for New Year's other than my oldest son and hubby are going to our church's junior high new year's eve all nighter it will be a quiet night of lounging around!

If you are looking for some inspiration on meals you can find links to my menu suggestion lists over in my right side bar down by Organizing Junkie's button.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (12-28)
Breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and biscuits
Lunch: bagel bite pizzas
Dinner: Oven Fried Chicken, Crashed Potatoes, and green beans(carryover)
Snack: Christmas cookies

Monday (12-29)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: saucy pork chops, rice and peas or salad
Snack: cake & ice cream (leftover from birthday party)

Tuesday (12-30)
Breakfast: waffles & sausage
Lunch: pizza
Dinner: burgers & hotdogs, fries, and corn (carryover)
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (12-31)
Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: sandwich & chips
Dinner: lemon pepper chicken, mashed potatoes, and corn
Snack: snack basket or leftover birthday cake!

Thursday (1-1) Happy New Year!!
Breakfast: bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: spaghetti and chicken parmesan served with garlic toast & salad
Snack: snack basket

Friday (1-2)
Breakfast: eggs, cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: ??? Not sure what will get fixed here!
Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (1-3)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ??? probably leftovers!
Dinner: ??? Not sure what will get fixed here!
Snack: snack basket or popcorn

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sounds like a great week. Happy New Year!!!