Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Walgreens Shopping Trip!


After reading the deals over at Money Saving Mom and Centsible Shopper, I composed my list and headed out the door yesterday! Here is what I came back with....

Colgate Total twinpack--$3.99 sale minus $1.00 coupon

Crest Expressions Toothpaste with a free sample of Crest Pro Health Mouthwash--$2.00 sale minus $1.00 coupon

Bic Soleil Razor--$5.99 minus $2.00 coupon
Bic Soleil Razor cartridges $6.99 minus $6.99 for being free with buying razor plus I also used $2.00 coupon so I got the razor and cartridges for $1.99!!! Read over here about that deal!

Revlon Nail polish--Buy one at $4.79 get one free! Of course after I came back I read that there was $1 off coupon in the 1/13 insert and I had already given away that stack of inserts! UGH! IMO, it is still it is a good deal without the coupon.

3 Dove shampoo--$4.00/each bonus bottles so I paid 12 oz price for a 16 oz bottle minus $3.00 off coupon on two bottles and $1.00 off on one.

2 Dove creme oil body wash--$4.00/each minus $2.00 off one coupon and $1.00 off one coupon.

Dial Foaming Handsoap--$1.67 minus 30 cent coupon.

Oral B Advantage Toothbrush--$2.00 minus $1.00 off coupon(got this one from my dentist office!!--remember to check your dentist or doctor's office for brochures that just might have VERY good coupons in them!)

Total OOP with 6% sales tax = $25.57

Total Savings after coupons, sales, and free items = $40.73

I had a $1 off Register Rewards that I used as well with this transaction. I have to go back to Walgreens today to get my $5 cash rewards that didn't print after buying the Dove products! Sooo my total savings is $45.73!!! :) With my transaction, I got Walgreens coupons for Oil of Olay body wash($2 & $1) that expire in June 9th so maybe before then they will have a good deal on it! ****updated, I went in to Walgreens today(3/18) and talked with a manager who gave me my $5 off next shopping order via the register rewards but I had to give up my $2 off Oil of Olay coupon that I got when I was there yesterday! He told me that Walgreens is cracking down on people using coupons and getting the register rewards. I guess there is a new policy in place it just hasn't gotten to the customers yet!

A couple of other side notes: I wasn't too impressed with CVS deals this week, mostly because there wasn't anything that I really needed, so I decided to save $$ and not purchase anything there. And after today's Walgreen run, I have enough shampoo to last me for about 6 months!!! LOL So I am going to hold off buy anymore! :)

No comments: