Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Autumn Pumpkin Bundt Cake



Autumn Pumpkin Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix

1 pkg(3.4oz) box instant butterscotch pudding mix

4 eggs

1/4 cup water

1/4 cup veggie oil(or applesauce)

1 cup canned pumpkin

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Whipping cream, optional

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.

Using an electric mixer, combine the cake and pudding mixes, eggs, water, oil, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice and beat on low speed for 30 seconds; then increase the speed to medium and beat for 4 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake in the preheated 350° oven for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. If desired, serve with whipped cream.

Sonshine's notes: I did not preheat the oven! I did not flour the bundt pan! I used applesauce and not the veggie oil. Once I took it out of the oven I waited about 5 minutes and turned the cake out on a plate and set it on my cooking rack. The batter is thicker than regular cake! However, this cake is moist and melts in your mouth!

Also for other tempting tummy recipes and more; head over to Blessed with Grace!

5 comments:

Mrs. Bargain Hunting Wife said...

This looks SO yummy!! I don't have a bundt pan though, so do you think using a 9x13 would work ok?

Kate said...

I wish I had a bundt pan so I could make this! It looks delicious. Do you think it would come okay if I made it in 2 regular bread pans?

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This sounds wonderful! I love pumpkin cake! :D

Lynn said...

I have been making this recipe for several years. We love it. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

How much is in a can of pumpkin? I canned my own pumpkin. I want to say it = 2 cups.