Friday, September 5, 2008

Monthly Sam's Run

As part of my grocery budget, I have figured in a monthly Sam's run. I thought I would take the time to break down what I got there this month just to show and possibly help someone see how shopping at Sam's can save one some money.

I have two pages of my pricebook devoted to Sam's Club items, however, I do not get all of the items each month. The reason for not getting all the items is because many of the items last me more than just a month!

Here is a breakdown of what I purchased this month...
  • 30lbs french fries $15.87
  • 60ct. box frozen waffles $8.02
  • 140ct. box pizza rolls $8.88
  • 2lbs Canadian bacon $7.62
  • 48 ct. AA batteries $17.84
  • 6lbs shredded hashbrowns $4.88
  • 10pk Honey Maid Graham Crackers $7.22
  • 3-44oz bottles Heinz ketchup $6.34
  • 12 ct. plain bagels $4.36
  • 56oz bag plain M&Ms $7.70 (hubby takes the bag to work to fill his M&M guy)
  • 3lb bag Hormel Real Bacon Bits $6.88
  • 3lb bag Ball Park Beef Hotdogs $6.27
  • 5lbs tub Country Crock Margarine $3.76
  • 72ct. box Kraft American Cheese slices $8.46
  • 48 ct. bag Individually wrapped string cheese $9.88
  • 5lbs mild cheddar cheese $13.73($2.75/lb)
  • 3.91lbs Beef Round Roast $14.31(this will give me at least TWO meals!)
  • 9 thick sliced pork loin chops $16.66 (I take these home and slice them so they are thin pork loin chops and so I ended up with 2 meals out of 9 thick sliced chops!)

Just to give you some idea out of this list, I will not need to get fries, bacon bits, hotdogs, batteries, and graham crackers next month! Everything else will be on the list next month along with a few other things.

1 comment:

Our Journey said...

I came across your blog from moneysavingmom.com! I am absolutely amazed!! I wish so bad I could plan out what was for breakfast,lunch, and dinner each week. I wish I could make a bunch of things on Sunday and freeze them for the week! I know it would save me SO much money because, when I get off work it is just so much easier to run and go grab something but, I need to cook!! It is only my boyfriend and I so there should be no excuses!! Any tips you could give me I would greatly appreciate!!!