Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baking Plan for February

If you haven't heard, MoneySavingMom and Fishmama are hosting another Freezer Cooking Day over the weekend!  I am excited because I actually am feeling inspired to do some baking! I have several items in my pantry that are close to their expiration date so taking the time to use them up in baking up some things for the freezer is the best solution!

My family is not much for "freezer meals" so I do up the majority of our meals fresh. However, I do bake ahead quick breads, muffins, cakes, cookies, and breakfast foods(like waffles, pancakes, Mom's McSandwiches). It is great to have these items on hand rather than spending the money for the convenience of buying them at the grocery stores.

When I do up my baking plan I factor in a few things:
  1. I make up the plan to cover the whole month.

  2. I take more than just one day so I divide it up into how many days I want to work at baking items.

  3. I have to be very aware as to the number of eggs I have compared to the number of eggs in each recipe.  I don't have enough room in my fridge for all the eggs at once so this helps me to know when I need to have an "egg bounty" on hand. 

Here is what I am planning on baking during the month of February.  The number next to each item is amount of eggs in each recipe. The list is also in no particular order.


  1. Cinnamon Rolls (2)
  2. Banana Muffins--without nuts (4) & with nuts (4)
  3. Pancakes (3)
  4. Whole Wheat Belgian Waffles (2)
  5. Zucchini Muffins (3)
  6. Pumpkin Choc. Chip Muffins (4)
  7. Double Choc. Muffins (2)
  8. Orange Juice Muffins (2)
  9. Honey Oatmeal Bread (0)
  10. Choc. Chip Coffeecake (3)
  11. Peanut Butter Cupcakes (3)
  12. Brown Sugar Biscuit Twists (0)
I also am planning on making some cookies for the freezer. I have several Betty Crocker cookie mixes(double chocolate, sugar, peanut butter, and oatmeal) that I got on the cheap that I need to use up this month. I usually do a couple of mixes at a time so it takes 2 eggs each batch.  I am going to also try to get some Snickerdoodles made this month as well. 

This post is linked to:

No comments: