So here is the results or update of how things have gone this week:
- I put a new twist to a tried & true dessert recipe with great results! Doing the twist of the dessert used up 16 oz. of cream cheese in my fridge that needed to be used before it went bad!
- This was "payday week" so it was time to do some restocking of items that I consider as staples. However, I was able to do my weekly shopping trip for under $100 out of pocket! There was some good deals at my local stores this week! I should be able to just have to worry about getting milk, eggs, & bread at the end of next week to round out my shopping for the rest of the month.
- I did my monthly Sam's run this week as well. This month's shopping trip to Sam's was to restock some essentials along with getting some vacation food so my total was more than I usually do for a month at Sams.
- I still need to get some baking done that would help a lot in diminishing some of my pantry supplies.
- Menu plans for the week went very well, I didn't have anything planned for Saturday's dinner but that will be filled up with the family going to a church sponsored event where we can get pizza (all you can eat) for $5 per family!
- Before I did my shopping this week, I actually saw bare spots on my pantry & freezer shelves!! That must mean that we are using up things that are on the shelves.
- I know this fact doesn't have anything to do with food, but I stayed home 3 out of 5 week days this week! That means I still have a more than 3/4 tank of gas in my van!
I think that about covers the week in the area of food details at Sonshine's house. Take the time to let me know how you did this week! Also don't forget to blog about it and then link up the post over at Sara's!
This post is linked at: