Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Baking "To Do" List & More Part 2

Whew! What a day!! You can read about my "to do" list and what I accomplished this morning here.

When I left that post, I was needing to check on my Jewish Coffee Cake. Here is the results...

Once the Jewish Coffee Cake was complete, I had ready a double batch of banana bread with nuts(3 loaves and 12 muffins). After the bread was done, I had this single batch of cookies to put in the oven. For the cookies, I used my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe for the dough and for the chips I used 1/2 white chips and 1/2 chocolate chips.  Basically using up a couple of open bags of chips that I had in my fridge!
Once the cookies were done, another double batch of banana bread without nuts(3 loaves and 12 muffins) was ready to go into the oven.  While the banana bread was baking, ds#3 and I worked on getting our dinner ready.  Dinner tonight was a Taco Bar!  Ds #3 put the finishing touches of spice into the chicken and burger meat that I had cooked up this morning while I cut up some lettuce.  We had our choice of beef or chicken tacos with all the fixings(lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and rice).  Here is my plate...
Before I cleared the table, I took a picture of the bounty I had baked today!  In the bags ready for the freezer are the cookies, and banana muffins with nuts. The rest of the items will either be eaten in the next few days or once cooled put in the freezer for later breakfasts or snacks.  The only thing missing from the picture is the 3 loaves of banana bread without nuts which were still cooking in the oven!
The only thing on the baking portion of my "to-do" list was a batch of brownies. I will do those some time next week! So now all that is left on my to-do list is emails and blogging for here and for Happy to be at Home, where I am contributing writer.

Thanks for joining me on productive day!

2 comments:

momtofivekids said...

I wish I had gotten more done today. I did do a big grocery shopping with my 8yo and 3yo and I made salsa. Not much school got done today, though. I hope you have a wonderful time with your hubby.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Whew! You have been busy! :D That Jewish coffee cake sounds yummy!