Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Baking "To-Do" List and More!

So this morning after fixing hubby's lunch and getting hubby out the door for work, I sat down and wrote out my "to-do list".  Knowing full well that if I didn't write something down, I would sit and veg and not get anything done!  And that my friends would be a bad thing in not getting anything done, because hubby and I are going on a marriage retreat this weekend(Thursday afternoon thru Saturday afternoon)with other couples from our church.   So I have to stay focused today to accomplish anything!


Now that I have a list...time to get busy!

First to do was a batch of Muddy Buddies/Puppy Chow.  I needed something "snacky" to take with us to share and this was the perfect item because I had all the ingredients on hand to make it up.   Yes, you are seeing correctly....it is in a paper shopping bag!(more explanation coming later as to why I used a paper bag!)

Next up was cutting up the fruit that was in my fridge.  Better to cut it up and have it available for munching on rather than having it sit and get wasted!  It is not strawberry season in my neck of the country but these store bought California strawberries sure taste yummy!  While cutting up the cantaloupe, I realized why I do NOT usually buy out of season fruit!!!  This melon was still green so it was like cutting up an apple!! UGH!  Oh well, it still tastes good and the kiddos are eating it up!  I could have combined these two to make a nice little fruit salad but some of my kiddos would have strong objections to the combination!  So this momma keeps the fruit separate and if you want to eat the fruit together like a fruit salad you can do so in your own little bowl.

Now that lunch is over, here is where my list stands....



***off to check the Jewish Coffee Cake in the oven and to accomplish more on my list!*** Will update my progress later!

No comments: