Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday--Greatest Hits

Out of the 10 WFMW posts that I have done, I would say that my one on clothespins was my "greatest hit" originally posted on February 27th! Clothespins are cheap and useful for many things around the house.
Read once again about how clothespins work for me! So what is sooo special about these little things called clothespins??? They serve multiple uses in my house! Not only do I use them for their intended use--hanging clothes or diaper covers to dry, I also use them for....
  • holding rubberbands! I clip a clothespin to the side of my bill slot on my desk and then hook rubberbands over the pin.
  • holding receipts! I superglued a magnet onto one side of the clothespin and then stuck the clothespin on the side of my fridge. This way I have a place when I or hubby come in from shopping, we can clip the receipt there and the receipt doesn't get lost and forgotten before it is registered on the computer checkbook(better known as Quicken!).
  • holding chip or cracker bags closed so that they don't go stale!

You can usually find a bag of these at your local dollar store!

What do you use them for? I am sure that there are more ways that I could use these little inventions! But these are a few of the ways that they work for me! For more tips on things that work for others, head over to Rocks in My Dryer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also use clothespins to keep foods fresh. I use them on bagged salads, bags of chips and pretzels, and also on bags of dried beans. I could never buy a "chip clip" for $1 when I can get 100 clothespins for the same price, ya know?

ohAmanda said...

I keep a bunch of them clipped into my freezer shelves, then everytime I open some frozen veggies, I have a clip right there to keep the bag closed!