Monday, June 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 6/21-6/27--No Oven Edition


Last week's menu plan went pretty smoothly! Initially, I did not have anything planned for Saturday dinner but my neighbor invited us over to help eat leftovers from her son’s high school graduation open house. So we had shredded bbq chicken sandwiches, chips, and fresh veggies for dinner on Saturday. I also have a whole pan of the bbq chicken as a leftover that she gave me! I think I am going to put in the freezer for some quick meals as the summer progresses.

For this week’s shopping trip, I went over my $100 weekly budget by $24.24! However, the items I purchased should last me for two whole weeks. Stay tuned for a post on how my $100 weekly budget is figured out and how my monthly Sam’s run figures into the big picture.

This week’s menus are tried and true family meals—the no oven edition! I went to do use my oven on Saturday for lunch only to find that it was not igniting and hence producing heat! My hubby got our two propane tanks filled for the grill so I will grilling or using the crockpot/roaster and stovetop for my meals. **updated—my oven has been fixed!! However, we are going to be dealing with our first 90° heat of the season this week so I am going to refrain from using the oven this week.

For this week’s lunches that are for the kids and me! Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or carrot sticks along with fruit juice or water. Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch so I don’t take the time to plan his lunches.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 400 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie’s site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists!


Sunday (6-21)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and chocolate donuts (freezer)

Lunch: grilled pizza rolls

Dinner: chicken club sandwiches, fries (done in my deep fryer), and fresh veggie tray.

Snack: snack basket

Monday (6-22)

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: tacos

Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (6-23)

Breakfast: waffles and sausage

Lunch: deli turkey sandwiches & chips

Dinner: roasted chicken served with mashed potatoes & gravy, and corn.

Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (6-24)

Breakfast: bagels, eggs and sausage

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: grilled burgers, served with fries and fresh veggies.

Snack: snack basket


Thursday (6-25)

Breakfast: Pancakes

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: ???---probably leftovers

Snack: snack basket

Friday (6-26)

Breakfast: cereal and toast

Lunch: sandwich & chips

Dinner: grilled chicken, fish & shrimp served with potato pockets and corn

Snack: ice cream night

Saturday (6-27)

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”

Lunch: ???

Dinner: roasted pork loin served with rice and green beans

Snack: snack basket or popcorn

No comments: