- play board games together
- go for nature walks--we have several area parks with nature trails.
- bake goodies
- visit grandparents(or if they are too far away, visit to a nursing home or senior assisted living center)--my parents live twenty minutes from us and they live in on an acre of land, which is great for exploring!
- pretend we are at the movies---stick in a movie and do up some popcorn.
- play hide n' seek
- read books together--don't forget to find those different summer reading programs like at the public library or at your local bookstore like Barnes & Nobles.
- brush up on the Math facts by quizzing each other. It always seems that my kids do a "data dump" when it comes to Math facts so we play the game who can get the most facts right in 2 minutes. :)
- if we do any traveling, I like to make up a backpack full of goodies for them to do on the trip. I use some of the many ideas over at Mom's Minivan as well to fill the pack.
- do a craft project together.
- when stuck inside due to the weather, using our imagination to play games from tea parties to hide n' seek to I spy. An article of ideas to have fun indoors.
- create an obstacle course or water park or a carnival in your backyard and together with your kids have a fun afternoon playing at the "park".
- work in the garden.
These are just a few things that you can do to help keep the "Mom, I'm bored!" saying at bay. There is also a few more suggestions here!
I am always looking for more ideas! I would love to hear what are some things that you do with your kids to keep the boredom at bay??
This post is linked at: