Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 1/11-1/17


** Can you believe that we are already into the second full week of January!?!  Time seems to flying by again this year! How are those New Year’s goals or resolutions coming along?  One of my goals is to cook & bake more healthy foods for my family and to start by staying away from the take-out food!

Last week's menu plan went off without too much difficulty despite not having a couple of days planned with a dinner meal.  I made it through the whole week without resorting to getting take out for the family!  That is a great feat because of the last couple of months especially it seemed like I was resorting to take out food at least once a week! That isn’t too bad considering that my hubby really doesn’t know how to cook so going and getting take out is his way of giving me a night off in the kitchen. Instead of doing take out on those days that I did not have a dinner meal planned, I took the time early in the day to find things to use out of my pantry and freezer stockpiles.

This week’s shopping trip was the week of doing a little bit of stocking up along with getting what I needed for meals for the next two weeks!  Yes it was payday grocery week.  Now to get the next couple of week’s meals planned without having to hit up the stores again!

This week’s menus are what I would call in my “quick meal” category.  There is not a lot of prep work that needs to be done for these meals.  If there is prep work to be done, it is minimal and my older kids can handle getting the meal on the table.   The four older kids have swimming lessons starting on Thursday afternoon so Thursday’s dinner over the next seven weeks is going to be a quick throw together or crockpot meal!

Lunches listed are for the kids & me. Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or baby carrots along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover for his work lunch.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists! **


Sunday (1-11)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and muffins(from a box)

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: Crockpot beef gravy over noodles served with green beans and rolls

Snack: snack basket

 

Monday (1-12)

Breakfast: cereal and toast

Lunch: sandwiches and chips

Dinner: homemade pizza and breadsticks (carry over from last week)

Snack: snack basket


Tuesday (1-13)

Breakfast: waffles

Lunch: sandwiches and chips

Dinner: chicken stew leftovers thickened up to served over biscuits

Snack: cookies & milk


Wednesday (1-14) 

Breakfast: bagels and cereal

Lunch: leftover spaghetti

Dinner: ham steaks, mashed potatoes, and corn

Snack: "mystery snack"


Thursday (1-15)

Breakfast: Pancakes and bacon

Lunch: bagel bites

Dinner: chicken tenders, fries, and carrots

Snack: snack basket

 

Friday (1-16)

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: “Long John Silver’s night-Homemade Style”—chicken, fish, and shrimp served with baked potatoes, and corn  

Snack: ice cream night                                      

 

Saturday (1-17)  

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”

Lunch: ???  probably leftovers

Dinner: ????

Snack:  snack basket  or popcorn

 

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I remember going to Long John Silver's as a little girl with my mom and grandma. I do not think there are any more on the Island. Hmm... I will have to check! Your menu looks great. Enjoy!