Monday, August 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 8/10-8/16


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week’s menus went off without too much trouble! The “star” of the week goes to the Pioneer Woman’s crashed potatoes!!! I used 2 1/2 lbs of red potatoes and then for seasonings just used parsley (on some) along with salt and pepper! Hubby made the comment that he thought they were going to be more “loaded”(think twice baked) but I told him no, I was just following the recipe! So I am going to put them on the menu again this week and this time I am going to add bacon bits to some and have grated cheese to melt on top when they are all done cooking!

This week’s grocery shopping was another week of a stockpiling. I did get to my favorite store for their 10 for $10 get 11th item Free Sale plus I purchased a few more items that were needed!!

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Usually with our lunches I served carrot sticks, and some kind of fruit along with juice to drink. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day along with several items for snacks. This week, hubby will be using his “lunches” for his “dinners” as he will be working late Monday-Thursday due to a team project with deadlines!

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (8-10)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage or steak, and chocolate donuts
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: Hoagie bun pizzas
Snack: snack basket

Monday (8-11)
Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: sloppy joes (#6), fries, and corn
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (8-12)
Breakfast: waffles
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: chicken club sandwiches, hash browns and carrots
Snack: cookies & milk

Wednesday (8-13)
Breakfast: bagels, yogurt and cereal
Lunch: chicken nuggets
Dinner: Roasted Chicken, mashed taters & gravy, corn, and biscuits
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (8-14)
Breakfast: french toast and sausage
Lunch: pizza rolls or leftover hoagie bun pizzas
Dinner: spaghetti & meatballs, garlic toast and salad
Snack: snack basket

Friday (8-15)
Breakfast: cereal and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: grilled chicken, fish & shrimp, crashed potatoes, green beans and biscuits
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes

Saturday (8-16)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ????(hubby and kids are on their own--I am gone for the day!)
Dinner: grilled bacon cheeseburgers, fries and corn
Snack: popcorn or snack basket

5 comments:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Wow, sounds like a very yummy week at your house. I'm trying some of your snack recipes this week. Thank you!

Clara said...

It all looks good. We've tried the crashed potatoes and loved them. I hadn't thought of dressing them up, though. I may have that back on my menu plan real soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks liek a good week. Thanks for liking the recipes.


MJ

Anonymous said...

The Crash potatoes sound yummy! i might have to try those!

Kate said...

Crashed potatoes are a definite favorite around here. You'll have to let me know how the "loaded crashed potatoes" turn out. That sounds like a great idea.

By the way, I tagged you on my blog.