Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays



Every now and then, I get a comment or asked the question as to why I take the time to plan out my weekly breakfast meals. So for today's kitchen tip, instead of an actual tip, I thought I would answer that inquiry.

If I don't plan weekly breakfast meals, I find that I forget to buy what I need for breakfast at the store! There have been several times that I have come to put groceries away only to find that there is no breakfast foods to be found in my house!

If I don't plan out weekly breakfast meals, I find my kids would just eat the same old thing every morning. Then at the end of the week, they are complaining that there is nothing in the house to eat for breakfast.

If I don't plan out weekly breakfast meals, I find that my kids are hungry one hour after eating breakfast because they did not have enough to eat!

If I don't plan out weekly breakfast meals, my kids(and hubby for that matter) would not be self-sufficient in the kitchen! With a plan posted, I find that my kids will look at the plan see what is on the plan and start fixing what is planned without my constant supervision.

Those are some of my reasons for taking the time to plan my weekly breakfast meals.

If you are looking for some creative ideas for your breakfast table, check here! OR you can try my my 44 cents breakfast sandwich!

For other kitchen tips, recipes, or resources, head over to Tammy's Recipes!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Ooh, yeah. Me too. I always have to plan out my breakfast meals for many of the same reasons. Plus...when I get up in the morning...I don't like to have to think very hard right away...I'd rather just look at my menu plan to see what to fix!

Kirstin said...

Hmmm. I probably need to do this more. We definately are stuck in the ceareal, pancake, oatmeal, cream of wheat breakfast mode. My youngest isn't a huge fan of eggs but I should give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea. I tried it for a week, but not long enough to make it a habit.. you make some good points, girl!