Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekly Shopping Trip--Savings $28.26

I am working at emptying my freezer per my hubby's motivation! So this week's shopping trip consisted of getting some necessities and few sale items.  I was able to keep my total under $35 mostly because of doing a major shopping day last week!  


I just went to two stores this week and it only took me about an hour to do my coupon clipping, reading the ads, and shopping. 


Here is the breakdown of what I purchased: 


Family Fare: 
  • 24 lbs russet potatoes $5.07
  • 2 lbs bacon $3.98
  • 2 lbs unsalted butter $2.78
  • 3 lbs stick margarine $1.77
  • 1 pkg 100 calorie Kraft cheese snacks 79¢
  • 16 oz. cream cheese $2.50
  • 2 cans Chef Boyardee canned pasta $1.50
  • 3 dozen eggs $2.64 (88¢/dozen!!)
Used $4.20 bottle deposit refund!

Total OOP: $16.83
Total Savings: $15.19
Total without sales & coupons: $32.02

Meijer: 
  • 1 set of shoelaces $1.59 (had to replace laces in ds#1's new shoes!)
  • 4 boxes Ziploc bags $4.66 (I also got $2 off next shopping order Catalina cpn!)
  • 1 bottle Clean N Clear face cleanser $1.19
  • 3 gallons milk $6.00
Total OOP with 6% sales tax: $14.18
Total Savings: $13.07
Total without sales & coupons: $27.25


Grand Total OOP: $31.01
Grand Total Savings: $28.26
Grand Total without sales and coupons: $59.27


This post is linked to:

2 comments:

Saving A Bundle said...

I've never heard of Family Fare? Seems like they have decent prices. Are they local or part of a chain?

Thanks for linking! Great shopping!

Mary said...

Family Fare is a chain local to Grand Rapids, MI. There are probably 20 stores in the greater GR area.

Typically their prices are higher overall than Meijer but if you shop just the sales you can do pretty well. They do a lot of 10 for $10 and B1G1 sales. Prices among FF stores vary greatly, too - I buy dog food for 99c a can at one FF store and it's 1.29 a can at another. That's 30 cents difference for ONE CAN! Pays to keep a price book with that store.

I will say, their meat is usually better than Meijer and it doesn't stink in the meat department the way it does at my nearest Meijer - I won't buy meat there because of the nasty "bad food" smell they've got going. Ugghh.