Friday, February 19, 2010

Baking Plan for February PROGRESS Part 2!

WOW Its Friday already!  I crashed Wednesday night after all the cooking and baking I did that day and didn't really touch the computer on Thursday to remember that I needed to come back and give my final results!

SO the final results are...

I got the bone in chicken breast cooked and deboned.  I also got about 2 cups of broth to use in making them soup or gravy. I was able to get about 3 meals from the chicken breast for meals for my parents.

I cut the thick cut pork chops into thin cut pork chops and put half in the freezer for another meal in the next week or two for my family. The other half were made into our Wednesday night dinner.


The mini loaves of honey oatmeal bread was baked and so was the batch of  honey oatmeal rolls that we enjoyed with our Wednesday night dinner!   The rolls I made in such a way where they could have been mistaken for a homemade hamburger bun!  When the rolls were fresh out of the oven I took a margarine/butter stick and smeared it on top of the rolls to make the tops soft rather than being a hard crusted roll.   Oh they were melt in your mouth delicious and the leftovers didn't last very long in my bread basket.

For our Wednesday night dinner, I made a new recipe to us with the pork chops.  I made my friend's, SnoWhite at Finding Joy in My Kitchen, recipe of Easy Italian Pork Chops.  I loved the recipe!  They were easy to put together along with being a quick cooking dish.  The flavor was great too.  The italian seasoning was not too overwhelming and having cheese on pork chops was yummy.  I used yellow mustard for part of the mixture that you dip the chops in because that is what I have on hand.  I liked them enough to make them again, however, the majority of my family did not like them as much and would rather I did not waste my time again to make them.  So I will respect their wishes and not add this dish to my main meal rotation list.

The overall results for the day was 13 meals for my parents, along with 6 meals(well meats portioned into meal size portions) plus two double batches of bread for my family.  As for the orange juice muffins and the Mom's Mcbiscuit sandwiches, well those did not get done on Wednesday!  I made the Mom's McBiscuit Sandwiches yesterday(Thursday) and the orange juice muffins hopefully will get made today!

Oh! I should mention too that I was able to get a load of laundry dried and other load of laundry washed and dried while doing the work in the kitchen.  I guess that would help to understand why I crashed on Wednesday night after doing all that work.

I consider Wednesday a successful day in the kitchen!


1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

what a great day you had -- so productive! doesn't it feel wonderful?