This week for my 13 Things Thursday, I am going to share some of the highlights of what my kindergartener and I have done for "H week". If you are new to my blog, I have been going through the alphabet with my daughter for kindergarten. We are doing a letter each week. Without further ado....
- We learned about Hearts. We listened to each other's heart. We drew and cut out hearts. We learned about being happy and how that helps our heart.
- We learned about houses. We built a fort with blankets and pretended it was a house. We also learned that animals have homes too.
- We learned about heat! Heat is a good thing to have in a house when the temperature outside is below zero degrees!
- We learned about heaven. Heaven is a place that we will be going to someday! As my daughter said, "Heaven is Jesus' home right now but I'll live there someday."
- Our Bible lesson was about Hannah.
- We learned about staying healthy. We did exercises to make our heart go faster. We learned about healthy foods.
- We learned about hiberation. This was a big word for a kindergartener so we talked about how it is what some animals do in the winter. My daughter's first reaction when I told her the meaning of hiberation was...."Can we watch Over the Hedge? The bear on there was hiberating when RJ took his food!"
- We did lots of different things with our hands! We did hand painting (fingerpainting). We did handprints. We talked about how God created everyone's hand prints different. I found this handprint ice cream cone for one of our crafts this week.
- We had fun playing with our hair! How many hair accessories can we fit in our hair?!
- We watched hippos swim in the water at the National Geographic's Creature Feature!
- We ate hamburgers, hotdogs, and ham slices. We could have had honey this week but she doesn't like the taste!
- We read the story of The Little Red Hen.
- We sang the Hokey Pokey while wearing fancy hats!
Head over to Happy To Be at Home for more Thursday Thirteen lists!