Monday, July 7, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 7/6-7/12


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!


Last week’s menus went well. The homemade cinnamon rolls and cheesy potatoes (no meat) that I tried as new recipes this week went well with the family! They liked the cinnamon rolls better! I changed the cinnamon roll recipe some by using 1/2 whole wheat flour for the flour and I didn't use cream cheese in the icing. The family loved them lots so the cinnamon rolls will be more frequent on the menu instead of the canned ones.
Last week, I planned bbq pork, cheesy potatoes, and green beans! What a yummy meal!! The cheesy potatoes I will be putting on my rotation list as well, I just will not be fixing them on regular basis because a couple of picky eaters did not like them.

Why is that the week after doing major grocery shopping to fill my freezer and pantry (till next payday—15th), I am stuck with what to fix for meals?? I have lots of food but no inspiration!

My oldest ds turned 12 on Sunday! He went to a friend’s house who lives on a lake with the church youth group and then went out to dinner by himself with Dad. We are going to have a party at the house this Saturday. He has invited two friends and their families plus my parents to join us for a party! So this week, I have to get some cupcakes or cake made for the party!

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day.
A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (7-6) HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY, J
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage links and jiffy muffins
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: pizza, fries, corn on the cob
Snack: snack basket

Monday (7-7)
Breakfast: cereal and leftover cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftover spaghetti
Dinner: chicken rice casserole and homemade honey oatmeal rolls
Snack: cookies & milk

Tuesday (7-8)
Breakfast: waffles and sausage
Lunch: leftovers or sandwich and chips
Dinner: *looking for inspiration*
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (7-9)
Breakfast: bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers or sandwich and chips
Dinner: grilled chicken & fish, potato pockets, and corn
Snack: snack basket

Thursday (7-10)
Breakfast: buttermilk pancakes from freezer
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: saucy pork chops, rice, and green beans
Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-11)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: roasted chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, and corn
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes


Saturday (7-12)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ????
Dinner: grilled burgers & dogs, chips, veggie tray, and cake and other party food!
Snack: “mystery snack” – (probably will be ice cream sundaes or popsicles)

5 comments:

Karin said...

Your menu is making me hungry. Looks like a great variety of home cooked foods.

Happy birthday to your DS!

Lorri said...

Ooooh I love that recipe for the cinnamon rolls...can't wait to try them! Also, i absolutely LOVE the snack basket idea! I am going to start using that! I think I will individualize each snack into sandwich bags so the kids don't have to ask the age old question..."How MANY chips can I have?"

Thanks for the great ideas!

Unknown said...

food looks so yummy! Cheesey potatoes, YUM!

Gill - That British Woman said...

your menu plan looks so good, I am not doing one this week, as last week I hardly stuck to it, so I am going to give it a miss for a week or two.

Gill from Canada

Marcy said...

I am looking for a replacement for the canned cinnamon rolls as well...one that doesn't require a bread maker. Thanks for the link to this recipe! I can't wait to try it!

Have a great week! :-)