Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weekly Glimpse

I am not doing too hot in doing a weekly glimpse!! LOL There has been sooo much going on lately!!! Even this week, there is a lot to talk about in this weekly glimpse!!!

This was our first week of summer vacation and I hope that it isn’t going to continue this way for the next 8 weeks!! I hope that I can get a breather before the 8 weeks is up! LOL

Starting on Sunday and for the next 2 weeks, I am the 3’s & 4’s Sunday evening church teacher! Thankfully I only had 7 kids and a helper on Sunday because it was a mad house! I love teaching this age when they actually want to sit and pay attention even if it is just a little bit! The kids were more interested in playing than they were listening to any kind of story that I had for them. So for this week, I think I am going to change my plan of attack!

Monday morning/Memorial Day, my family got up at 6am and got ourselves ready to leave to head to the meeting place for a Memorial Day parade! My family walked with about 200 other people from our church along with our church’s float in a local town’s Memorial Day parade! We had storms overnight (Sunday into Monday) so we were praying for clear skies. Our prayers were answered!! We had clear, sunny skies for the whole parade! My younger ones (4yo and 18mo) rode in the wagon or stroller but my older 3 boys walked the full 2 miles of the parade route. Needless to say, they were tired when we were done! We get to do the same thing in a different local town’s 4th of July parade with our church!

Tuesday I had a hearing test in the morning. I have been experiencing asymmetrical tinnitus in my right ear, so I thought with family history that it would be best to get it checked out. My test came back normal, so now it is on to an ENT doctor to see if there is anything actually wrong with the nerves or bones in the ear.

Also on Tuesday, my MIL came for a 4 day visit! We had a very good visit! I was able to get my weekly shopping done while she kept up with the kids. Also hubby and I were able to get away for 24 hours of rest, relaxation, and “couple time” while she stayed with the kids.

Thursday morning, I was scheduled to have a baseline mammogram done and got to the lab to find out that I couldn’t have the test done because 6 months time has not passed since I stopped nursing. So I have to reschedule the appointment for later this summer!

Friday was Family Day! We spent the afternoon here! If you have boys and are in the area…it is a must see! Make sure you have your pocketbook with you because admission is not cheap! It worked best for us to get a family membership than to pay for just a day’s visit. I know that my guys will enjoy returning again!

Saturday/Today was supposed to be catch-up day!! Catch-up on house cleaning! Catch-up on laundry! Catch-up on flower planting! Catch-up on getting loose ends tied up from having a new concrete driveway poured last week!! Instead, I ended up spending 2 ½ hours in the ER with my 18mo ds! I was just finishing getting myself ready for the day in the bathroom. I had the bottom big drawer of our bath vanity open. All of a sudden, he is at the bathroom door and opening it. He loses his balance or something and literally falls into the bathroom when the door opened and face first onto the corner of the vanity drawer that I had opened at the time! So now, he has 2 stitches on his face between his two eyebrows.

So like I said…I hope that this week is not a sample of the weeks to come or I will be one VERY busy momma!!

3 comments:

momtofivekids said...

Wow! That was quite the week you had. l hope you have a wonderful, blessed and relaxing summer.

Anonymous said...

Ah...poor baby! Poor Mama too! It's so terrible when they get hurt. I hope the baby's doing better and it heals without much of a scar.

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about the AirZoo too, but it IS expensive! I wasn't sure if it was worth it, but now I think I'll look a little more closely.