So without pictures this week(hubby being home working has made it difficult to get pictures of anything!), I will explain what I purchased this week....
First stop, Meijer...
- 2 gallons of Milk $5.54 (sale $2.77/gall)
- 2 family packs boneless/skinless chicken breast $20.22 (sale $1.99/lb)
- 3 Faygo 12pks $12.60 with deposit
- 1 -5qt pail fudge swirl ice cream $5.00 (I use this for homemade shakes for family nights)
TOTAL savings: $3.40, despite everything being on sale that I purchased!
Second stop, Save A Lot...
- 4 cans cream of chicken soup $1.96
- 1 box cornstarch 69 cents (this is the cheapest I have seen this!!)
- 2 bags egg noodles $1.98
- 1 bottle Worchestershire sauce 89 cents
- 2.94lbs ground chuck $2.91 ***this was my BEST deal of my shopping trip!! It was reduced to 99 cents/lb!!! There was several pkgs. that I almost went ahead and took but I couldn't remember how well their meat tasted so I decided to just get one. I used it for grilled burgers the night I purchased the meat and it was good tasting meat! So I will be going back to check their reduced meat again!***
TOTAL savings: priceless! LOL! If I would have purchased those items at my regular store I know it would have been almost triple in price!
Third stop....Family Fare(local grocery chain)
They are having a buy one, get one free sale this week!!
- 2 boxes Banquet chicken nuggets $2.99
- 2 boxes Banquet chicken tenders $2.99
- 2lbs Kraft Mild Cheddar cheese $6.79
- 2 Tombstone Pizzas $6.19 (cheaper than ordering out!)
- 2 Tropicana Twister Juice $2.99
- 2 lbs baby carrots $1.50
- 4-12 pks Wild Cherry Pepsi $14.18 with deposit
- 2 lbs stick margarine $1.50
TOTAL savings: $32.83
TOTAL SAVINGS: $36.23 (not including the savings from shopping at Save A Lot because they advertise shopping there is a savings, like Aldis)
To others who probably did better than me! head over to MoneySavingMom's Super Savings Saturday!