Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday


It is all about shopping this week over at Rocks in my Dryer. Today's topic for Works for Me Wednesday is online shopping!

Where does one like to do their online shopping!?!

The top place that I love to online shop is Lands' End! I love looking thru their overstocks to see what kind of deals are featured. Just the other day, I found new gloves and mittens for two of my boys, who desperately needed some to replace their holey ones(that were not Lands' End--I learned my lesson!) My four oldest kids, hubby, and me all have winter coats from Lands' End. I also have gotten all the kids' snow flurry boats from there. I love their guarantee and the quality of their merchandise.

As for clothes for me, I love to shop at Chadwicks, Kohl's, and JcPenneys. Chadwicks is the best place so far that I have been able to find dresses for semi-formal or very dressy occasions. Need a dress for the mother of the bride or even bridesmaids at an affordable price ?? Chadwicks would be a place to look!

Sears is one of those places where I do more looking/price comparing than actual shopping online. I like going into a Sears store rather than shopping online cause the selection varies sooo much. Also I found that they have different prices for things online than what they do in the store. Last summer, I was looking online for a pair of sandals for my oldest son. I found a leather pair at Sears online for very reasonable price. I also saw that they were available "in store". So I thought instead of waiting for them to ship them to me I would go to the store and buy them there. Well I got to the store only to find that they were a totally different price and even a bit more than what the actual price plus shipping would have been if I had gotten them via online. Needless to say, I learned my lesson!

I love shopping at Sam's Club! I usually go there once a month and buy a majority of my groceries there. I have found that they have a "Click N Pull" option when you are shopping online. You can fill up your grocery cart online and they will pull the items for you and then you just have to go to the store and pick up and pay for your items. It saves alot of time and hassle, especially if you have to take your kids shopping with you.

Cousins Video is a new place to me. Hubby found this place and ordered some durable headphones for the kids to use with their computers. We had to send a couple of them back while they were under warranty and they gave us no hassles with returning or sending us new replacement ones.

With talking about online shopping, I have to give a little "plug" for the place that hubby does most of his shopping, Newegg. He gets a lot of our computer needs from there. He finds them very competitive with Best Buy or Circuit City with the computer needs.

Barnes and Noble, Christian book Distributors(CBD), Office Depot, and School Speciality-Education Essentials are the four places that I shop for getting what I need for my homeschooling supplies. If I can't find a book that I need used then I head to Barnes & Nobles or CBD for it. For laser printer paper and some school supplies, I head to Office Depot. For my charts/posters and other odds n ends, I head over to School Speciality. Before hubby changed jobs, I was able to get a discount at School Speciality thru this work! However, their prices are still decent without the discount.

So there you have it! Places I love to shop online and look for bargains! Online shopping is sooo much easier than hauling five kids around town in this winter wonderland that we are having right now in the Midwest!

To learn about more places to shop, visit the online shopping edition of Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The click and pull at Sam's sounds very convenient!! I wish Costco had something like that. Not so much so I don't have to put everything in the cart but that is a great way to comparison shop!

Karen (3rsandahug) said...

I'm a huge fan of Land's End, Chadwicks and Kohls, too! And I've recently found that I can order from Wal-Mart online and have the item shipped free to our local store. (That's where I found the best deal on the Kid Pix software!)
Karen