Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Savings Total--$100.10!!!!!

That is what is what I saw at the top of my grocery receipt from shopping at Meijer yesterday!!!

It pays to plan ahead your shopping list, coupons and overall plan of attack!

I stacked coupons on top of sale prices and walked out of the store with almost $200 worth of groceries and HBC items for $94.13!!

Just to give you some idea....

Dayquil 20ct capsules is regularly $5.89 and was on sale for $2.94 and I had a $1.50 off coupon so it cost me $1.44.

Nature Made Vitamin C tablets 250 ct was $7.99 regularly, they were on sale buy one get one free plus I had a $1.00 off on one coupon so I got 500 count for $6.99.

Bayer Aspirin 81mg-120ct is usually $6.14 it was on sale for $3.99 plus I had a $1.00 off one coupon so it only cost me $2.99. (I realized after the fact that I could have gotten a 500 count of the 81mg Member's Mark brand at Sam's for $3.32!!! so overall this wasn't the greatest deal but still a good deal.)

Crest Pro Health Mouthwash normally is $3.99, it was on sale for $3.39 plus I had a $1.00 off one coupon so that made it $2.39.

Aunt Millie's 8 count Hotdog and Hamburg Buns are usually $2.99 each. They were on sale for buy one get TWO free!!

Cheerios Snack Mix is usually $2.59, it was on sale for $1.00 and I had two coupons for 50 cents off so for 2 bags it only cost me a $1.00

Cooked Shrimp(36-40 count) is normally $12.99 for a bag but I was able to get it for buy one get TWO bags free!! This freezes well too!

Grands Biscuits are normally $1.50, they were on sale for a $1.00, I got 6 tubes, and then I had coupons for 55 cents off 2 and 50 cents off 2. That isn't bad right, well several of the tubes that I got had coupons on them for 30 cents off 3 and the cashier took two of the coupons off and used them as well!!!

I had other coupons as well for other things...my coupon total came up to $9.90! Then they have a category called Meijer Promotions which I think is the buy one get two free items. Then my non-coupon savings so what I saved buying the sale items...$84.22!

I am mighty proud of myself! And to think that with all the shopping at Meijer, Sam's and Family Fare(local Spartan Store) which total around $275 and then what I have on hand in my pantry and freezer, I will probably be able to skip a payday with grocery shopping(other than getting milk, eggs and WIC). In other words, no major grocery shopping til March 15th.

Off to go plan the meals and get some of the things in the freezer!

To find other great deals from this week, go over to Super Savings Saturday at Money Saving Mom!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

out of curiosity, are you in GR. Cause we have all the same stores