Sunday, March 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 3/22-3/28


Last week's menu plan went pretty smoothly and was followed very well!  It is amazing how the tone of the kitchen changes when the menu plan is posted for the whole family to see during the week.  I got more help from my kids this week in the kitchen with having the menu posted than what I did the week previous when I was lazy and didn’t post it.

Also last week, I tried a new recipe called "salsa chicken".  The family is divided on the liking of the dish, however, if you come back tomorrow I will have my review of the recipe along with the recipe posted for your trying enjoyment. 

This week’s shopping trip was a major trip!  I am trying to get back into the swing of a “major trip” every two weeks.  I can’t quite swing a monthly grocery shopping trip so I like to do major shopping every two weeks instead.  So far this is working well for my family.

This week’s menus are some family favorites. I am gearing the meals more towards the kids’ favorites as my hubby will be working late a couple of days this week.   Also this week, I don’t have any appointments or grocery shop so this “homebody” will hopefully be getting some baking done for the freezer. I really need to think about getting some baking done as the warm weather is just around the corner and it is hard to justify turning on the oven in 80 degree heat!

Lunches listed are for the kids & me. Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or baby carrots along with fruit juice or water.  Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover along with various snacks for his work lunch.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 400 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie’s site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists! 


Sunday (3-22)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage or bacon, hash browns, and jiffy muffins

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: pizza party @ church

Snack: snack basket

 

Monday (3-23)

Breakfast: cereal, toaster strudel

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner:  saucy pork chops served with rice and peas

Snack: snack basket


Tuesday (3-24)

Breakfast: waffles and sausage

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner:  sloppy joes served with French fries and a fresh veggie tray (carryover from last week)

Snack: snack basket


Wednesday (3-25)

Breakfast: bagels, eggs and cereal

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner:  goulash served with homemade corn muffins

Snack: snack basket


Thursday (3-26)

Breakfast: Pancakes

Lunch: leftovers

Dinner: creamy chicken served over noodles with green beans on the side

Snack: snack basket

 

Friday (3-27)

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel

Lunch: sandwiches & chips

Dinner: grilled marinated chicken, fish, & shrimp served with French fries and corn

Snack: cookies & milk                                            


Saturday (3-28)  

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”

Lunch: pizza 

Dinner:  cube steak served with crashed potatoes and corn

Snack:  snack basket  or popcorn

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Lori said...

Mmmmm sounds good! I love reading your posts....you are so organized and on top of things....
Blessings!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking meal plan! Hmm, I might have to try posting so mine will hop in and help. :D