Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thursday Thirteen---Fruits



The last time I participated with this meme, I talked about the 13 veggies that I was going to work at adding into my diet despite what my family thinks of them.  Just to update on that part of things, it is going well...not as well I would like but I am making an effort to eat more veggies in my diet!

I thought since I did the veggies it would not be complete if I didn't do 13 fruits!  So this week, I am going to share 13 fruits that I enjoy eating. Living in the Midwest, it is difficult to get tasty fruit because a lot of it has to be shipped in.  I love the summer time in the Midwest because that means I can get LOTS of tasty in season fruits that can be combined to make a big delicious fruit salad!

Without further ado....13 fruits!(in no particular order)
  1. Apples

  2. Pineapples

  3. Cantaloupes

  4. Strawberries

  5. Raspberries

  6. Peaches

  7. Pears

  8. Grapes

  9. Watermelon

  10. Cherries

  11. Blueberries

  12. Plums

  13. Blackberries
You are probably wondering where the oranges and bananas are on that list!?!?  I can not eat these fruits when they are fresh because oranges give me lots of cankers in my mouth and bananas give me massive heartburn. I still kind of eat these fruits by drinking orange juice, eating a fruit salad, and eating banana muffins.  Sometimes for bananas I will even pick up a jar of baby food bananas and eat them instead of fresh bananas. 

For more Thursday Thirteen lists, head over to Happy to be at Home. 

4 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Yum! I love fruits especially fresh ones especially pineapple and berries. Do you like kiwis?

Hoosier Homemade said...

Great list! I love fruit.
~Liz

JessieLeigh said...

What a fun list! I'm a much better veggie eater than fruit eater. But I DO love all kinds of berries. Yum!

Goat Gal said...

Mmm I can not wait for berry season here.