Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Writing Prompts: A Jar of Possibilities


Imagine the following scene with me:

Mom: “You need to write a story today.”

Child(with a blank stare): “ A story!?!”

Mom: “Yes a story!”

Child: “But I don’t know what to write about!”

Mom:“Well use your imagination! I am sure that you can figure out something!”

[Mom leaves the child to their thoughts! An hour later Mom goes to check the child’s paper, only to find there is nothing on the paper!]

Mom:“Why don’t you have your story written like I said for you to?”

Child: “I told you that I didn’t know what to write about!”

Mom: “Well you need to write a story!”

[Mom leaves the child alone and a bit frustrated!]

Do you have this happen with your child? Do you want to put an end to this scene happening in your home school adventure? If so, I have the solution to this problem!

To find out the solution go read the rest of my article over at Happy To Be At Home!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

This was a great article! I'm going to make up our own journal jar this week. :D Thank you!!