Sunday, February 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 2/1-2/7


Last week's menu plan went pretty smoothly. There was just one “hiccup” where I didn’t get my roast, carrots, and potatoes meal in the crockpot on time for it to be ready for our dinner hour. I had a “plan B meal” in place just in case so we ended up going with the “plan B meal” and the roast dinner ended up being a simple heat-up for the following day! I tried a new recipe by tweaking it for my family’s tastes. The dish was a success and will definitely be making it to my master main dish list.

This week’s shopping trip was a little different for me in that I really did not use much in the way of coupons and still saved money by shopping at Save A Lot & Aldis and the sales at the grocery stores.

This week’s menus are another round of family favorites. I decided to give my family a break from the new dishes by doing the tried & true recipes.

Lunches listed are for the kids & me. Unless we are having leftovers, our lunches are served with apple slices or baby carrots along with fruit juice or water. Hubby usually takes a dinner leftover for his work lunch.

A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check the over 300 other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site or look down in my right sidebar for my menu suggestion lists! 


Sunday (2-1)

Breakfast: eggs, sausage, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls
Lunch: leftover spaghetti
Dinner: ??
Snack: snack basket


Monday (2-2)

Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: chicken/fish, mashed taters & corn
Snack: cookies, milk & yogurt


Tuesday (2-3)

Breakfast: cereal, toast & yogurt
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: burgers, homemade fries, and carrots
Snack: snack basket


Wednesday (2-4) 

Breakfast: waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: Cordon Bleu, boiled potatoes, and corn
Snack:“mystery snack”


Thursday (2-5)

Breakfast: French Toast
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: Saucy Chicken, rice and green beans
Snack: snack basket


Friday (2-6)

Breakfast: cereal and toaster strudel
Lunch: sandwiches & chips
Dinner: pizza and breadsticks
Snack: ice cream night


Saturday (2-7)

Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ???probably leftovers
Dinner: pork loin, mashed potatoes & gravy, and corn
Snack: snack basket or popcorn

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great looking menu! I love how you always have it broken down. The chicken cordon bleu sounds delish!!