Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday--Muffins Galore


The last couple of weeks, I have talked about packable lunches and packable snacks. I hope those lists have helped you get ideas for the upcoming school year!

I have been working lately at getting several different varieties of muffins in my freezer for quick breakfast or snack pulls. So this week I want to talk Muffins! No it is not a foreign language but several(okay many) recipes that I love to do. I have talked about about muffins before, however, I haven't taken the time to share all my recipes! None of them are family secrets and I love having the recipes someplace other than my hardcopy in the kitchen just in case friends want the recipe.

There is soooooo many different kinds of muffins! Muffins are quick and easy to do, especially if you are using a muffin mix!

Muffins that are favorites around here are:



Banana

Pumpkin Muffins

2 c sugar
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c. oil
4 eggs
1 (15-oz) can of pumpkin

Mix together all dry ingredients first, then add oil and eggs. Once this is mixed well (it will be thick), add pumpkin. Put in 2/3 cup batter into well greased muffin cups or or greased wrappers. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins (my oven baked them just right at 18 mins). I iced them with Cream Cheese icing!

Pumpkin-oat Strusel

Chocolate/Chocolate Chip

Zucchini

Apple cider

Orange juice

Chocolate chip

Easy Bran

Blueberry

Strawberry

Cinnamon/Snickerdoodle

TOPPING
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

MUFFIN
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup fat-free milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine or butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottoms only of mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.

For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.

For muffins, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg, margarine and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)

Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm. 3 DOZEN

I don't know why put I just can't bring myself to try muffins that have sausage or some other kind of meat in them! Has anyone tried ones like this before?

Do you have a favorite muffin recipe?? I would love for you to share!! I love having a variety of muffins in my freezer. I love making up a variety plate/platter of muffins for hubby to take and share at work, or for those summer potlucks that I need a dish to pass, or even for Christmas gifts to relatives or neighbors!

Remember...instead of always doing loaves of quick bread make the bread into muffins sometimes regular muffins, or sometimes mini muffins for a quick freezer pull snack or breakfast!!

For other kitchen tips, recipes and more, head over to Tammy's Recipes

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonshine,
You are the Queen of Muffins! Love your recipes...I made your strawberry muffins a couple of weeks ago and they were great! Thanks for sharing all of your recipes with us!

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I am amazed an overwhelmed by all of your muffin recipes. I especially love the muffin mix idea. My favorite muffins have to be some that I made from the Taste of Home magazine. The recipe is here.

Minda said...

Wow! I'll have to try a recipe or two. This morning I had Oreo Cakesters for breakfast, yikes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these tips and recipes! I'm going to have to try the pumpkin muffins for sure! :-P

Anonymous said...

We love muffins around here too. My mom makes some with sausage in them. They are pretty good, but I have no idea what is in them. They definitely don't taste healthy!
Toni

Donna said...

Heyyyy...
I just came over to find something to cook for tomorrow's breakfast!

..working on the oat muffin recipe now...mmmm!