Saturday, May 17, 2008

Turkey Tetrazzini



On Monday's menu plan, I said that I would post the Turkey Tetrazzini recipe that I did if it was a good one. I got this recipe from my friend, Leni.

Turkey Tetrazzini
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 c. flour
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

Melt butter, combine into a paste in pan with flour, salt and pepper.

2 C broth

Wisk in broth, bring to a boil.

2 C. milk
2-6 C cubed or ground meat, cooked (Cubed chicken, turkey or ground beef.)
16 oz noodles, cooked and drained
8 oz. cooked, sliced mushrooms (omitted at Sonshine's house!)

Add in milk and meat, noodles and mushrooms, put in 13x9 pan.

1/2 c. parmesan cheese
Sprinkle with cheese, bake at 350° til golden.

Freezes well...freeze just before final step.

Sonshine's Notes: As with any recipe, I didn't follow it exactly!! I did up the sauce and added about 3-4tsp. garlic powder, 1-2 tsp. italian seasoning, 4-5 tbsp. minced onion, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. I added leftover turkey to the sauce and stirred the sauce into some cooked spaghetti noodles that I put into my 13x9 pan. I topped the mixture with 8oz. of shredded mozzerella cheese. I baked it for 30 minutes in a 350° oven.

Sonshine's Review: I should have added something more in spice or flavor to the mixture it was a little bland. I also thought it was going to have more sauce than it did. I think next time I will double the sauce mixture to see if that will help with making not taste so dry. Otherwise, it was very good. Most of my family ate it....4 out of 7 gave it a thumbs up. My hubby commented that it was good but to only fix for something different..."once in a blue moon". Although it was good it will not be going on my monthly meal rotation list.

No comments: