Saturday, February 21, 2009

Scrumptious Sunday--Strawberry Muffins


I love these muffins because they are versatile in that you can change the kind of berries and yogurt you use in the batter!  I have done these using blueberry yogurt and blueberries. I have also done blackberries with raspberry yogurt. You can also use frozen berries not just fresh. 

Strawberry Streusel Muffins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup strawberry yogurt
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries

  • STREUSEL TOPPING:
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons cold butter
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, yogurt and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in strawberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.      For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.      Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen. 

For more scrumptious recipes, head over Happy to be at Home!

**photo courtesy of Taste of Home

2 comments:

Mommy Reg said...

I thought I would stop by and say 'Hi!" since it has been forever since I have had a chance to. These look so yummy. I am putting them on my list to make soon.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

These sound delish!! :D I've got some strawberries in our fruit drawer, too. :D I'd have to alter it some though as I don't have strawberry yogurt hmmmm. LOL!