Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oatmeal Muffins


OATMEAL MUFFINS 

This is a quadruple batch, should make about 40 muffins, depending on size. I got this recipe from a friend a while ago.  I love making these muffins up because I can have a variety of muffins in very little time. Paula asked me if these freeze well...the answer is yes they do!!  I allow them to cool completely and then stick them in a ziploc gallon size freezer bag and stash away in the freezer. Something else that I have done is take the time to individually wrap the muffins and then stick in the ziploc freezer bag so it is just an easy pull for sticking in a "on-the-go lunch". 

3 C whole wheat flour
2 1/3 flour
3 C oats (quick or whole)
8 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs
3 C milk (I sub water often)
1 C oil
1 1/3 white or brown sugar

Add-in options:

Chopped apple
Chocolate chips
Raisins
Dried fruit
Chunk of cream cheese in each
Dollop of jelly in the middle

Bake at 400 for 20 min or until golden.


For other tempting tummy recipes and more; head over to Blessed with Grace!
For other kitchen tips, head over to Tammy's Recipes! This post is also linked at Blissfully Domestic


13 comments:

SnoWhite said...

these look great! thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Sounds good!!!!!
Happy TMTT!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

These sound delish! I'm always looking for some yummy healthy recipes. Love the variations, too! :D I'm going to try these either this week or next. :D

The Mother said...

Can't wait to try that one. A bunch of different muffins might be the only thing that can please my picky eaters.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if these could be frozen and still be good since it makes so much??? Thanks, Paula (amishwoman49@ hotmail.com)

Abby said...

I just made oatmeal muffins a couple of weeks ago. This recipe sounds great too!

Brenda said...

I have not made oatmeal muffins in a long time, but they are really good!

Lori said...

These look good! I'm going to have to try them! My kiddos love to take them as their sweet treat in their lunches! Thanks!

Tasha said...

Sounds good, I love that it is a master recipe and you can add several things in!

Beverly said...

We've been having zucchini muffins a lot lately, so my crew will enjoy something new. These look yummy and healthy. Thanks!

Bev

SoCalVal said...

Yeah!!! Just want I'm craving!!! I'm heading to the kitchen right now to see if I have all the "stuff" to make some.

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks. I like the idea of having extra in the freezer. Great! Thank you.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Sounds good. Might be something I should try!