Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday--Velcro Cable Ties




Are you tired of your kitchen appliance cords hanging loose when you put them away?
Are you tired of wrestling with the cords that are just loose in the drawer? Are you tired of using a wire twisty tie on your cords only to have it break several times and then not be long enough to go around your cord?

I have just the solution to your problem! Thanks to my hubby!!


He had a bunch of these things called velcro cable ties hanging around not being used after doing some "computer cord management" that he said I could use for my appliance cords!


So I went through his stash of velcro cable ties and found several different colors to use. I put a different color on each of my detachable applicance cords. Now when I have a child help me in the kitchen I can ask them to get the cord with ________ color on it so that I can use it with the appliance I am working with at the time. For those appliances with attached cords I just the velcro cable ties like the ones pictured in the packaging above because they have a hole where you wrap the cable tie around the wire/cord and it stays with the cord so you just have unwrap the cord and plug it in when you need to use the appliance.

These cable ties have made my drawer look neater! They have also made my life a little easier in the kitchen!

Colored velcro cable ties work for me!!

For more Works for Me Wednesday, head over to Rocks in my Dryer!

2 comments:

Dave Roller said...

That's a good idea. Thanks for sharing!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great idea! I hate having to deal with the cords. UGH!