Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Educational Website


While doing my nutrition education online class for being able to receive my WIC coupons this month, I stumbled upon a state's extension service's just for kids page with LOTS of educational info and links!

Kids can enjoy a story called "Riding the Winds with Kalani, A Weather Adventure" where they will take a ride in a weather balloon and talk about weather. OR they can enjoy a story about "A Walk in the Woods" where they will learn facts about nature. There are other fun stories as well from doing your first garden to finding out where your food comes from to learning about insects.

Each of the stories have a teacher's resource/guide page that gives standards or objectives. There is also several of the stories that have activity pages to do.

Along with the story links, there is additional educational websites that you can go to as well and learn about sports and nutrition to prehistoric animals to so much more!



For other weblinks, head over to Homeschooling with Encouragement!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a great site. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to log you into Mr/ Linky. I'm still having trouble with the system, but I think I can get it to work this week.

Valerie
http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

Kirstin said...

that is a great link. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a really great site. Thanks for sharing.
Dot
www.homeschoolblogger.com/hsingone/

Anonymous said...

Great link. I have used it before for 4 H Cloverbuds.