Monday, July 21, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 7/20-7/26


**Another week is upon us so that means it is time for another menu plan! This is just a plan and it could change on the cook’s whim!

Last week’s menus went off without too much trouble! I did switch a couple days around because of our schedule but no food changes. I also didn’t have to take a meal to my friend who lost her mother, she called me the day before I was to take it and said that life was back pretty much back to normal and she had gone grocery shopping so she didn’t need the meal. I argued with her a bit telling her that I was still willing to bring something but she assured me that they were fine.

This week’s grocery shopping was more a stockpile week on everything but meats! There wasn’t too much in the way of meats on sale this week so I will make do with the meat that I have in the freezer and I am going to be working towards meal planning till next payday(31st) from the shopping that I did do for this week.

This week, I am going to be a “work widow” for the first half of the week! Hubby has a major product that he and his team are working on so it will be late days for him which means that the kids and I will probably be on our own for Monday and Tuesday dinners at least, while hubby eats with the team. On Wednesday, we are going on a FREE family outing to the local minor league baseball game along with fireworks after the game!! How are we managing the “free” part of the outing….it is hubby’s work sponsored event. I won’t even have to worry about cooking that night because we will be eating “ballgame food”---hotdogs, burgers, brats, potato salad, chips, ice cream, and drinks. Should be a fun night!

Lunches listed are for the kids and me. Hubby usually takes dinner leftovers each day.
A special thanks to Laura-Organizing Junkie for hosting Menu Plan Monday! Need help with your menus; go check other delicious meal plans that have been linked at Laura-Organizing Junkie's site! **

Sunday (7-20)
Breakfast: eggs, hash browns, sausage links and leftover cinnamon rolls
Lunch: pizza rolls
Dinner: Pizza Hut
Snack: snack basket

Monday (7-21)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: goulash and corn muffins
Snack: snack basket

Tuesday (7-22)
Breakfast: waffles and sausage
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: chicken tender sandwiches, fries, and corn
Snack: snack basket

Wednesday (7-23)
Breakfast: bagels and cereal
Lunch: leftovers or sandwich and chips
Dinner: BALLGAME!!!
Snack: BALLGAME!!!

Thursday (7-24)
Breakfast: French toast
Lunch: ????
Dinner: marinated chicken breasts, parmesan noodles, green beans, and breadsticks
Snack: snack basket

Friday (7-25)
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: sandwich and chips
Dinner: bacon cheeseburgers, fries, and corn
Snack: homemade chocolate shakes

Saturday (7-26)
Breakfast: “Cook’s Choice”
Lunch: ????
Dinner: ??? probably grilled something or "freezer dinner"
Snack: popcorn or snack basket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Menu! Did I tell ya I went back to my old blog? i dont remember if I did or not

Teresa said...

Ok, I make something that we call goulash too. I wanted to ask you, what do you put in yours because I saw someone else's goulash and it was nothing like mine. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder today - I need to get started and plan my week menu!!!

Have a great Monday!
SoCalVal

PS: I'm hosting an awesome DVD give-a-way contest on my blog - be sure to stop by and enter!!! Spread the news!!!